Professional Development Funding
The END RHD CRE is offering RHD researchers the opportunity to apply for funds to support their professional development. Funding is available for activities which advance a researcher’s personal career goals while also supporting the objectives of the CRE.
The END RHD CRE provides the following types of professional development funding:
- Travel funding
- Training support
CRITERIA FOR APPROVAL OF FUNDING
- The funding request must support the objectives of the END RHD CRE.
- The travel or training will advance your personal career objectives.
- Applications are based primarily on merit. Consideration will also be given to other factors, including preference given to Indigenous applicants.
- External funding sources should be used to complement END RHD CRE funds. Thus all attempts should be made to access external funds as well. Use of CRE funds to leverage external funding will be an advantage.
- Any decision is final.
- Funding will only be provided once to a person in any one calendar year.
Students already receiving Student support are not eligible to apply for travel or training support through the END RHD CRE
Application submission and review
- Applications for professional development funds will be considered on a rolling basis.
- Applications need to be submitted to the END RHD CRE Program Manager.
- The Program Manager will acknowledge acceptance of the application for review by issuing an acknowledgement notice by e-mail to the applicant.
- Applications for travel or training funding for up to $5,000 will be reviewed and considered by the END RHD CRE Program Manager independent of the Executive Committee.
- Formal notification will be sent to successful applicants setting out the conditions of the funding, including milestones and reporting requirements.
- Successful applicants will be required to submit a report at the conclusion of their travel/training as well as a financial acquittal statement.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be notified by the Program Manager.
CONDITIONS OF FUNDING
The conditions of the END RHD Centre of Research Excellence Professional Development award are as follows:
- You must use the whole of the award exclusively for the activity as described in the application and not for any other purpose.
- The END RHD Centre of Research Excellence be acknowledged as a source of funding on any publications or other relevant outputs from the professional development activity
- You provide a financial acquittal statement and grant report within 4 weeks of completing your approved professional development activity. This report must be on the END RHD CRE pro-forma and will be given to the END RHD CRE Executive Committee.