The END RHD Centre of Research Excellence
The END RHD CRE’s vision is to develop an endgame for rheumatic heart disease in Australia.
To do this, we will:
- put the individuals and communities living with RHD at the centre of the work of the END RHD CRE and hold ourselves ultimately accountable to them.
- collate existing research knowledge, identify gaps and grasp the effect of potential interventions.
- commit to excellence in basic science and research translation which will amplify the impact of research in other fields and strengthen the health system of Australia.
- commit to identifying a set of costed, step-wise interventions which are most likely to reduce the incidence of ARF and the prevalence of RHD for Indigenous Australians to the same level as non-Indigenous Australians.
- focus the resources of the END RHD CRE on supporting research participation, convening stakeholders, developing a cohesive network and seeding research projects that can leverage additional funding from other sources.
- strive for the END RHD CRE to be a ‘single point of entry’ for students, researchers and collaborators working to understand and address RHD in Australia.
T: O8 9489 7890
A: Kylie Jenkins, END RHD CRE Program Manager
Telethon Kids Institute
PO Box 855
West Perth, Western Australia 6872